Friday, May 7, 2010

State Tourney


First post and what better than talk about baseball. This week has been full of uncertainty for me and the baseball team. The state is taking 4 teams from our region to State and we were in 5th place last week. Pleasant Grove and Alta were 6-4 while we were 6-6 so that means either of the teams (PG or Alta) had to sweep the 2 games for us to have a play-in game with the loser of the two. Well, that exact thing happened and we had a shot at Alta yesterday, win or go home format. We crushed them 11-3 to send the Hawks home for the season and it feels great! I went 2-4 with 2 singles and an RBI, one of the singles coming off of the one and only Britton Wren. He transferred from Jordan to Alta this past year. His first appearance against us was last time we played in April. I hit 2 home runs and a double off of him. So he was a little pissed yesterday when he came in. I was first up to face him...again:) What do you expect, he throws a fastball as hard as he could and hits the backstop...HE TRIED HITTING ME HAHAHAHA! Dugout went a little crazy and I just smiled at him and hit a rocket-single to shortstop a couple pitches later. Haha that made my day, then sending them packing was even better. So we are now in the tournament against Bingham on Tuesday for the 1st round. Pretty excited I might say!  I'll update our journey to the State Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment